Tanvir Hassan Zoha
Tanvir Hassan Zoha
Tanvir Hassan Zoha
At A Glance:
An Assistant Professor of Bangladesh University of Business and Technology, Tanvir Hassan Zoha is widely known as a cybersecurity analyst in Bangladesh and several other countries. As a digital forensic and ICT law expert, he has been training various professionals, including members of the Bangladesh Police and journalists for their capacity building in forensic investigation as well as digital safety and security. In addition, he takes classes at different educational institutions across the country on different cybersecurity issues. Zoha has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Ahsan Ullah University of Science and Technology. He did his post-graduation in Communication Engineering from United International University.
- Assistant Professor. Adjutant Faculty at Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT).
- Former Assistant Professor at Islamic University of Technology (IUT)
- Managing Director, Backdoor Private Limited, a digital security company based in Dhaka
Guest Lecturer: (Digital Forensics and ICT law)
- Detective Training School (CID, Bangladesh Police)
- BCS Administration Academy, Shahbag, Dhaka-1000
- Institute of Information Technology, University of Dhaka
Computer Forensic Investigator
January 2015 – February 2017
Polaris Forensic Ltd
- Worked with a team of detectives focused on investigating computer crimes sometimes in tandem with the Police Bureau of Investigation.
- Analyzed computers search histories and hard drives of computers seized pursuant to search warrants.
- Obtained search warrants from courts prior to conducting analysis.
- Authored Affidavits for search warrants for judge approval.
- Obtained ISP search warrants for internet crimes.
- Investigations led to successful prosecutions for embezzlement fraud identity theft and child pornography.
- Was able to recover hard drives that suspects had attempted to erase or destroy.
- Drafted reports submitted them for review and worked with prosecutors to help secure convictions.
- Frequently testified in criminal court proceedings for the prosecution concerning methods used and evidence discovered.
- Successfully withstood defense cross-examination through careful explanations of criminal forensic methods utilized in computer investigation processes.
Digital Forensic Examiner
August 2013 – December 2014
Insight Bangladesh Foundation
- Preserved, harvested and processed electronic data according to the firm’s policies and practices.
- Conducted forensic analysis.
- Provided creative and innovative solutions for client matters.
- Formed and articulated expert opinions based on analysis.
- Drafted expert reports, affidavits and other expert testimony.
- Provided expert testimony in depositions, trials and other proceedings.
- Maintained a high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
- Attended and presented in-house training salons.
Digital Forensic Examiner,
Pinecone Cyber Defense
- Examined individual items of evidence for data recovery, specific material of probative value, evidence of tampering and related examinations.
- Conducted comprehensive and authoritative technical analyses of evidence in all types of difficult and complex cases, often creating new techniques of examination.
- Performed examination of computer systems and associated digital media utilizing operating system software.
- Examined physically write protected media to include: partition information, directory listings.
- Deleted file listings, unallocated files space and slack extractions.
- Remarkable experience in MAC Forensics
- Profound knowledge of Network and Systems Administration
- Familiarity with Windows, Macintosh and Linux Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of forensic science relating to digital and analog media
- Ability to install and troubleshoot computer system hardware and software
- Ability to use file viewers, programming languages, video/audio digitization
- Proficient with forensic techniques, forensic toolsets – dtSearch, EnCase and FTK Suite
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology, Dhaka
- Master’s Degree in Communication Engineering from the United International University.